Wednesday, September 19, 2007

One Fine Evening

As I sit in my balcony in an evening of late October, with the radio station playing the sort of songs that remind one of the gone by phases of life and also make one think of the phases yet to come, I call it a near perfect evening if not perfect. The air is neither crisp nor clean, but still its ethereal with a tinge of coolness in it. And overlooking my balcony is a giant geographic bulge contrasting the numerous modern high rise buildings, as if the nature is trying to make its presence felt among the paraphernalia of the modern human establishment.
Then there is a very typical acoustic effect by a medley of sounds emanating from diverse sources. The sound of the traffic is the one that catches ear the most. The revving of the sophisticated engine of some luxury car and also the raucous sound of a thirty year old scooter, then there are pleasant screaming sounds of kids mixed with shouting of their mothers. And at last there are intermittent sounds of some dog being kicked out of some shop.
The entire milieu is enough to strike the right chord in someone who is as nostalgia freak as myself. The moment I bump into such a setting, I stop moving ahead at once and rather enter into a blissful retrospection, where I can recollect all that is recollectable at this stage. Sometimes the feelings are so strong that I can visualize the events of yesteryears in my minds eye and in the process I would smile and chuckle. And this sometimes happens to the utter astonishment of a seemingly unaware observer, as the person in the adjacent balcony.

No comments: