Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Evenings

One fine evening when the sun was low,
Few more hours and the night would grow,
I took leave from the hassles of the day,
All I Could think was the late night show.

Another evening when the sun was to set,
Holding my mind were fumes and fret,
I couldn't think of anything else,
But a burning guilt and deep regret.

Yet one eve' saw a melting sun,
Sanguine was I for the job was done,
I could feel nothing but myself,
Neither longed for thoughts nor for fun,

Amazing how as the time flies by,
So many thoughts take birth and die,
Just as the shapes of the cotton clouds,
In a lucid morning sky.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your thoughts bring to mind the lines ,''what is this life if full of care ? we have no time to stand and stare !"

Neha said...

"So Transparent" sorry for reading ur blog ... but a real poet you are. Its really beautiful...